International Legal Framework
- Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD)
- Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety
- Nagoya Protocol
- 12 Principles under Economic Approach
- About COP (Important Links)
- COP Decisions
- Subsidiary Body on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice
Regional Legal Framework
- EU Biodiversity Strategy
- Proposal for a REGULATION OF THE EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT AND OF THE COUNCIL on the prevention and management of the introduction and spread of invasive alien species
Domestic Legal Framework
- Biological Diversity Act, 2002
- S.O.753(E), [01/07/2004]- Coming in to force of sections of the Biodiversity Act, 2002.
- S.O.497 (E), [15/04/2004]- Appointment of non-official members on NBA from 1st October, 2003.
- S.O.1147 (E)- Establishment of National Biodiversity Authority from 1st October, 2003.
- S.O.1146 (E)- Bringing into force Sections 1 and 2; Sections 8 to 17; Sections 48,54,59,62,63,64 and 65 w.e.f. 1st October, 2003.
- S.O.2708 (E)- Central Government authorises the officers to file complaints with regards to offences punishable under the Biological Diversity Act, 2002, Notification.
- S.O.120 (E)- Central Government authorises the officers to file complaints with regards to offences punishable under the Biological Diversity Act, 2002,Amendment Notification.
- Designation of repositories under the Biological Diversity Act, 2002.
Rules & Guidelines
- G.S.R.261 (E), [15/04/2004] – Biological Diversity Rules, 2004.
- Guidelines on Access to Biological Resources and Associated Knowledge and Benefits Sharing Regulations, 2014.
- Exemption of Crops listed in the Annex I of the International Treaty on Plant Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture (ITPGRFA) from seeking approval of NBA under Section 3 and 4 of the Biological Diversity Act, 2002
- Biological Resources notified as normally traded commodities under section 40 of BD Act, 2002 Dated: 7 April 2016, in supersession of the notification number S.O.2726(E), dated the 26th October 2009